Friday, March 18, 2011

Gray Matter...Prayer


If you have or can get the Nook, or Kindle, or the PC or smartphone app for either, This book is a must read!

It is free right now at NOOK:

It just went up to $10 on Kindle (sorry!)

This is a book by neurosurgeon David Levy on the power of prayer.

I've only read about 3 chapters, but to see his journey of prayer is amazing, especially since I came from a medical background. Even in a Christian college, we were not encouraged in prayer like this!

I have also been on the other end. I've had Drs pray with me. It really does give a sense of peace and well being to remember God is the one in control, not me, not the Dr... but GOD.
I also tend to trust a Dr more, if I know he trusts God, not himself.

When Joey was so sick, knowing his Drs were praying for him meant a lot to me. Knowing those who gave him medical care understood God was the one who would "fix" things...

So, if you get a chance, read this book...

No comments:

Post a Comment