Thursday, June 10, 2010

6-10-2010 Mommy's Little Helper


I had told Carrie that she should do a scrapbook page about helping with Joey's shots. I expected her to say more about the technical stuff, cleaning the skin, pinching up a spot, etc. (She can't decide if she wants to be a nurse or a teacher when she grows up...)
She surprised me with what she wrote, but I thought it was really sweet. "I help mommy with Joey all the time. Even if it is hard to do, I still help. I give Joey his shot, and it makes it so much easier for mommy."
For those of you who are wondering why a 7 year old is giving shots...Joey has gotten wiggly enough that it takes 4 hands...2 to hold him still (so you don't have to stick twice) and 2 to give the shot. Carrie tried to hold him still, but that didn't work. She watched and learned how to give the shots, and is super careful with it (and I am watching carefully too).
Anyway, we are all glad not to have to do that any more!

I added our scrapbook page. The credit for the quickpage goes to Soto Creations. The text is Carrie's. The Pics, Med Elements, and captions are mine...

1 comment:

  1. QP was a freebie. I got it from Soto Creations now located at http://www.wersoto.com/

    ReplyDelete