Wednesday, June 9, 2010

6-09-2010 Good News!

Joey had 3 appointments today.
First was his hearing aid check-up. We were supposed to do a sound booth visit, but the appointment was not long enough, and his ear-molds were already too small. So he got new impressions made, and when we pick up the new ear-molds, in a couple weeks, we will do a sound booth test as well.
Second was Lab.
Between having his ears messed with and poked at, and getting stuck to have his labs drawn, he got really cranky. So most of the day he was fussy, with short happy spells. Normally, it is the other way around most of the time he is so happy, and almost never fussy.
Third was his Hematology appointment. After his MRI in May, they said the blood clots were gone, but as a precaution, they wanted him to stay on the blood thinners until the 6 months was up. I started to ask them about that today, because I didn't want to continue shots twice a day if it was not really needed. Before I finished asking, the Dr. said, "Already wrote the orders" and showed me the note that said "Stop Lovenox". Is that great or what?!? It is so nice not to have to stick him any more!!!
Joey will be 5 months old on Monday, he has been on Lovenox twice a day, since he was 8 days old...that is 4 1/2 months of shots! He doesn't know what it is to not get stuck at least 2x's a day (more if it is a lab day). In fact, there have only been 4 days in his life when he has not been stuck. So no shot tonight, and starting tomorrow ... NO STICKS!!!! (can you tell I'm excited?) I call that "good news".



3 comments: