Friday, May 21, 2010

5-21-2010 Joey got his hearing aids yesterday


Joey got his hearing aids yesterday...that will take some adjustment! Because of the Auditory Neuropathy, we don't know when he may be getting some sound, or the quality of the sound. Also, he hits Auditory overload easily, because he is not used to having sound all the time or at these volumes (and we still don't know how much it is helping). This is a bit overwhelming to me....and to Joey.

We also have window air units, which I learned put a constant "buzz" in his ear when he is wearing hearing aids. So he upsets easy with all that, I think we will turn off the hearing aids when the air is on...at least for now.

I did turn the air off for a while this morning, and he seemed to be ok with the hearing aids for awhile...until he got hungry and tired. He fussed and wiggled them off. It was getting warm, so we left them off and turned the air on. It is still hard to tell if they make any difference, because he is not yet turning when we speak, but he does seem more animated with them on....but he also has animated times with them off....I guess time will tell.

1 comment: