
I got the notice today that Joey has been approved for hearing aids by CRS. We knew he needed them, but had to wait for CRS to approve the funding. So, the next step is to get his ear-mold impressions. We will get those done on the 28th, after his next ABR and ENT appointments (long day, 3 appointments...). It normally takes 2-3 weeks for the ear-molds to come back, then we go in to get his hearing aids. So....in about 4 weeks, hopefully, Joey will be hearing a little more. This is not likely to give him full or clear hearing, but we are hoping it will help get more sound to his brain while it is developing the sound "areas". Also, a hearing aid trial is required before he can get implants, so it is at least 1 more step on our journey....
I got Joey a "Buddy Bear" that I hope he will enjoy taking through this journey with him. This is a washable bear, that I hope to find "demo" hearing aids for. Also, if/when Joey gets his implants, I will change the hearing aids on the bear into CI's, so the bear will be "like" Joey.




Hi! I'm from the Weaver list. I've been wanting to tell you that one of the girls on my son's soccer team has the implants. Adorable sweetheart! I mentioned you to her mom and if you still need connections, let me know. Both of her kids have genetic hearing loss and both have them.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I think the bear is such a cute idea!! :)
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog through Drew's blog (Turn on my Ears). Your baby is just precious. Your posts brought me back a couple years when we found out our Aiden was deaf. I felt my world came tumbling down, but now he's running around yelling and babbling and starting to build quite a vocabulary! This journey is SIMPLY AMAZING! I look forward to following Joey's progress. If you have any questions or ever need to vent, you can contact me through our blog!
ReplyDelete